Reshaping the Future, Planning- Compliance Priorities in Uncertain Times
March 23, 2021 9:15 AM
The recent public health crisis has focused compliance professionals’ attention on making financial crime frameworks responsive and resilient in the face of an uncertain operating environment. Conventional due diligence tasks such as customer onboarding and transaction monitoring have become difficult to conduct in the face of social restrictions and restricted economic activity. Some legacy institutions, often still partially dependent on paper and face-to-face interactions, have struggled. Other, firms – many in FinTech – have responded with relative agility and speed, aided by less bureaucracy and the use of configurable Cloud-based financial crime controls.
The panel will consider the compliance management challenges the pandemic has posed, and how different parts of the compliance industry has responded with organisational and technological innovation. It will also explore what lessons have been learned during the pandemic, and how these might be applied in the longer term. With other crises – political, economic, environmental – on the horizon, this session will help compliance professionals think through their practical options for the future.
- Sujata Dasgupta, Global Head – Financial Crimes Compliance Advisory, Tata Consultancy Services Ltd.
- Taavi Tamkivi, Founder & CEO, Salv Technologies.
- Nitzan Solomon, VP, Head of Surveillance and Financial Crime Technology, EMEA, Nomura.
- Robin de Jongh, Managing Director Detecting Financial Crime ABN AMRO, The Netherlands.
- Rhodri James, CRO, NorthRow
- Odette Gafa, Customer Advisory and Compliance Specialist – Customer Lifecycle Management, Bank of Valletta plc